Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My First Blog

Well, I am doing it - blogging! After some nudging, urging, and name-calling (blogcrastinator), I am setting my blogphobia aside.  Diligently, following Denise's email instructions, I have arrived at this page, wondering what all the other symbols and headings would do if I was so brave to press on some of them.  For now, I'll just write a few lines and not get too adverturesome as a newbie blogger!

Sixty-one, yes 61.  Yes, today is my birthday - March 9th.  Could it be I am dyslexic and I am only 16? Not likely.  Spent a quiet day at home, had supper with Kathy, and then went to Ash Wedneday service for the "ashes to ashes, dust to dust" reminder!  As a symbol of our mortality, a cross is drawn on each person's forehead with ashes. What a way to celebrate one's 61st birthday!  After the service, we had to get gas at the Coop, so I walked into the C store, and David Paetkau, the attendant, asked me what that black cross was on my forehead - perhaps he thought I was going Goth.  I quickly replied, "Just a church thing" and rushed to the washroom for a forehead scrub!!!

Sixty-one rhymes with FUN, and that's what this upcoming year is going to be!!!!!
                              (ps - blogging ain't that bad once you get the hang of it)

3 comments:

  1. YAYAYAYA!!! You did it!
    Congrats on your 61st year!! And you are right 61 rhymes with FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Great Job!! I will have to mark this one as a favorite!! I am Blogenvious!!

    ReplyDelete